The weight loss struggle is real. Like most people, you may have tried everything under the sun to lose excess weight only to become even more frustrated when nothing seemed to work. There is no magic fat-burning pill or diet that can get you the lifelong weight management results you are seeking. Depending on a number of factors, you may need to consider surgical weight loss procedures or weight loss procedures without surgery. Our talented staff of surgeons at Ideal Body Institute are happy to consult you on all those options and suggest the right weight loss treatment for you. No matter the reason why you became obese or overweight, we make sure to get to the bottom of any issues affecting your health.
Defined as carrying excess body fat, obesity remains a serious national epidemic which puts people at higher risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. From 2015-2016, for instance, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that 93.3 million American adults and 13.7 million American children and teens are clinically obese. This alarming statistic has actually more than tripled since the 1970s.
Certain medical conditions that may also lead to weight gain include:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): a condition that causes an imbalance of female reproductive hormones
- Cushing syndrome: a condition caused by having an excessive amount of the hormone cortisol in your system
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid): a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough of certain important hormones
- Osteoarthritis (and other conditions that cause pain that may lead to inactivity)
Something else our surgeons must diagnose and treat in overweight and obese patients, if applicable is GER or GERD. Below is more information about these below
Common causes of obesity include:
- eating a high-fat and high-calorie diet
- having a sedentary lifestyle
- not sleeping enough, which can lead to hormonal changes that make you feel hungrier and crave certain high-calorie foods
- genetics, which can affect how your body processes food into energy and how fat is stored
- getting older, which can lead to less muscle mass and a slower metabolic rate, making it easier to gain weight
- pregnancy (weight gained during pregnancy can be difficult to lose and can eventually lead to obesity)
Kennesaw, Georgia Weight Loss Surgery Options
Fortunately, there are many different weight loss surgery options available for people who are battling obesity. With medical and technological advances in the field of weight loss surgery, the newest weight loss procedures include:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG), which reduces the size of the stomach in order for the patient to feel full after eating less and taking in fewer calories. This new surgery for weight loss removes the portion of the stomach that produces a hormone that makes a patient feel hungry.
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAGB), also known as bariatric surgery, this type of surgery is done as a laparoscopicsurgery, with small incisions made in the upper abdomen. Around the top part of the stomach is where the surgeon puts the band.
- Laparoscopic Mini-Gastric Bypass (OAGB) is a procedure that involves the creation of two separate stomach pouches and the re-routing of the small intestine in less time than a traditional gastric bypass surgery.
- Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch (LDS), also known as vertical gastrectomy with duodenal switch, is one of the most complicated weight loss surgeries as it combines two surgical techniques. The first is restrictive which involves reducing the size of the stomach by dividing the stomach vertically and removing over 85 percent of it. The other part is biliopancreatic diversion which leaves the pyloric valve responsible for regulating the release of stomach contents into the small intestine.
- Gastric Bypass and Gastric Sleeve Revision, another type of stomach surgery for weight loss, is performed if gastric sleeve surgery was not successful in achieving desired weight loss. Therefore, conversion to a gastric bypass procedure can be a helpful alternative for added weight loss.
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) is a weight loss procedure without surgery that reduces the size of your stomach using an endoscopic suturing device. If diet and exercise haven’t worked, this minimally invasive procedure can lead to significant weight loss by limiting how much you can eat.
Kennesaw, Georgia Non-Surgical Treatment of Obesity
- Obalon Balloon helps facilitate weight loss by taking up space in your stomach so you eat less. It is intended to support new healthy eating habits to maintain a healthy weight for the long-term. Placing each Obalon balloon in a patient takes less than 10 minutes and does not require sedation. How that is possible is by having the patient swallow a capsule that contains a small balloon, and then a physician will inflate the balloon.
- Orbera Balloon is a gastric balloon that is inserted orally through your esophagus and placed directly into your stomach during a quick, non-surgical procedure.After the first six months of the weight loss program the stomach balloon is carefully removed and the aftercare program continues.
About Ideal Body Institute
At Ideal Body Institute, our outstanding surgical group prides themselves on providing excellent healthcare services to all our patients in every community we serve throughout the Peach State. Our knowledgeable medical team work diligently to help patients with their ongoing healthcare needs for as long as is necessary. By utilizing a medically advanced, patient-focused approach, Ideal Body Institute is able to offer affordable quality healthcare services to all. Would you like more information about how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals? Then do not hesitate to call us at 678-466-6760 for a free consultation. Your overall health is very important to us.
Located northwest of Atlanta, Kennesaw is a growing city with much to offer to locals and visitors alike. With more than 34,000 residents, Kennesaw continues to grow while preserving its history and what makes the city with small town charm so wonderful. Not-to-be-missed attractions include The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, which has an impressive collection of Civil War-era weapons and a steam locomotive. To the southeast, there is also Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, with Civil War monuments and several trails and to the northwest, Red Top Mountain State Park offers more trails and a beautiful beach.
Hotels in or near Kennesaw, GA
Restaurants in or near Kennesaw, GA
Your Surgery Center.
Ideal Body Institute provides an unmatched patient experience and outstanding results. You matter to us.