From the teenage years and on through adulthood, many people are plagued by acne breakouts. These breakouts affect your confidence, and damage your skin, leaving it unevenly toned and rough in texture. Acne is painful and often has a serious impact on your self-confidence. At Ideal Body Institute (formerly Georgia SurgiCare), our team of acclaimed dermatologists can help you address acne and acne scars. Whether you struggle with active acne, acne scars, or occasional breakouts, our skincare experts can help.
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that affects millions of people. It occurs when the oil glands of the skin are overactive, and the hair follicles become clogged with dirt or dead skin cells.
Acne can appear as whiteheads, blackheads, blemishes, or deep, painful cysts. Pimples and cysts occur when the follicle becomes infected, which causes pus to build up and the skin to become inflamed. The inflammation causes redness common with severe acne. Acne often appears on the face, shoulders, and back, where there is higher levels of oil gland activity.
What are the causes of acne?
Several physical factors can lead to chronic acne or occasional acne breakouts. These factors include:
- Hormones: Many people, especially teens going through puberty, experience acne as one of the effects of hormonal changes.
- Increased oil production in the skin: If you have very oily skin, the pores can be plugged by oil and dead skin cells, leading to breakouts.
- Diet: Certain diets, such as diets high in carbohydrates, can lead to poor skin health and open the doors for persistent acne.
- Stress: Stress can have an immense impact on your health and your skin. It causes hormonal changes that can lead to acne.
- Heredity: The tendency to have acne breakouts can be inherited.
What treatments are available for acne in Atlanta, GA?
We offer many treatments that can help to calm acne, relieve redness, and clear acne scars. Treatments we offer include:
- HydraFacial MD: this treatment is deeply cleansing and uses vortex vacuum technology to clear pores of impurities and debris.
- IPL photofacial: This treatment can alleviate the appearance of acne scars or redness.
- Laser treatments: Killing acne-causing bacteria can help ward off future breakouts.
- Medications: Our dermatologists can prescribe medications, often used in combination with other treatments for best results.
Schedule a consultation at Ideal Body Institute so we can help you determine the best treatment options for your skin. We can tailor a skin repair treatment that targets your acne and leaves your skin healthier and less prone to suffer breakouts.
Why should I choose Ideal Body Institute for acne treatments?
Keeping your skin healthy and free from blemishes is important. At Ideal Body Institute, our skincare experts will evaluate your skin and create a custom treatment plan to treat acne, smooth acne scars, or help you avoid constant breakouts. We believe you have the right to live with healthy, bright, blemish-free skin. Our wide array of treatment options provides you with more opportunities, and we expect you to see real-world results.
Your Surgery Center.
Ideal Body Institute provides an unmatched patient experience and outstanding results. You matter to us.