Did you know that one in seven women suffer from chronic pelvic pain? If you are currently seeking treatment for pelvic pain, you are not alone. Chronic pelvic pain is a disorder that is far more likely to affect women than men. It is a condition or number of conditions that can be related to one or more factors affecting the reproductive or other internal organs.
What causes pelvic pain?
Several factors can lead to pelvic pain for women. In many cases, the diagnosis is already clear, and a treatment plan has been embarked on. Your doctor may have narrowed down the cause of your pelvic pain with:
- Pelvic exam: A pelvic exam can help to reveal if there are abnormal growths, pelvic floor problems, infections or tenderness.
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound can determine if there are any masses or cysts with sound waves that produce imagery.
- Lab tests: It is important to rule out causes such as gonorrhea and chlamydia. Your blood can also be examined for any issues as well as your urine.
- CT scan and MRI: These types of imaging tests can help to detect anything abnormal in the reproductive organs.
- Laparoscopy: In some cases, a laparoscopic (minimally invasive) procedure must be done to ascertain the cause of the pelvic pain. Your doctor will make a small incision to check for any abnormal tissue or infections. It can also detect chronic pelvic inflammatory disease.
What types of surgery treat pelvic pain?
To correct the underlying cause of pelvic pain and bring relief, your doctor may recommend one of the following types of surgical procedures:
- Nerve disconnections: When other surgeries are not possible or have failed, disconnecting nerves in the pelvic area can bring relief of pelvic pain.
- Laparoscopic surgery: Laparoscopic surgery can be utilized to remove endometrial tissue from areas other than the uterine lining. A small incision will be made, and a viewing instrument is inserted into the affected area.
- Hysterectomy: A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus. Some cases of pelvic pain cannot be resolved easily, and these may require that a hysterectomy is performed.
Why choose Ideal Body Institute?
- Our highly experienced surgeons are experts in their fields. They will sit down with you and thoroughly review the history of your pelvic pain to ensure that your entire background is evaluated before your procedure.
- We offer a private luxury surgical center with top-rated surgeons at surprisingly affordable prices.
- Pelvic pain is a specialized area and your procedure should only be trusted to the most experienced surgeons specifically trained in cosmetic and reconstructive vaginal procedures.
Your Surgery Center.
Ideal Body Institute provides an unmatched patient experience and outstanding results. You matter to us.