Pelvic organ prolapse is a serious problem for many women and one of the most common reasons for surgery. Pelvic organ prolapse, or POP, can occur when the pelvic floor muscles (the muscles that support your pelvic organs) weaken over time. This can cause your organs to prolapse (droop or fall). One of the main surgeries that has been utilized to restore the needed support has been the implantation of vaginal mesh.
What is mesh removal?
Over the past several years, the use of vaginal mesh (a net-like device used to support and repair weakened tissue) has increased. This is also referred to as “transvaginal mesh” which simply refers to the fact that the implant is surgically implanted through the vagina. Over the years, more and more women are having serious side effects and complications due to transvaginal mesh that was used for prolapse or incontinence.
Mesh removal surgery consists of removing the mesh and any surrounding tissue that may be damaged. If your quality of life is suffering due to complications from your transvaginal mesh, help is available to you at Ideal Body Institute.
What are some of the main problems caused by vaginal mesh?
Although you may have been told that transvaginal mesh implantation was a low-risk procedure and you may now be dealing with the reality of discovering this was untrue. Some of the major complications of transvaginal mesh include:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain which makes it hard to move
- Abdominal pressure
- Perforation of organs, bowels and blood vessels
- Vaginal scarring
- Vaginal infections and discharge
- Exposure of mesh through vaginal tissue
Why choose Ideal Body Institute?
- It is important to seek out a highly qualified surgeon when it comes to vaginal mesh removal. Mesh removal is highly specialized and requires a surgeon that is extremely knowledgeable in the area.
- Our surgeons are exceptionally experienced and knowledgeable in their respective fields. They have had to undergo years of rigorous training to achieve the highest possible standard of surgical care.
- Our private luxury clinic provides top surgeons at surprisingly affordable rates.
- We are up to date on the latest developments in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and utilize state of the art technology.
- If you are found to be a good candidate for mesh removal, you can schedule your surgery without delay.
Your Surgery Center.
Ideal Body Institute provides an unmatched patient experience and outstanding results. You matter to us.